Thursday, September 18, 2008

No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies

Teryn requested this recipe and I am go glad
that she did...thanks Teryn. This is truly a
classic and brings back such memories of my
Mom. The wonderful woman who taught me my
love and passion of cooking.....Enjoy!!!

No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies

2 cups sugar
4 tablespoons cocoa
1 stick butter
1/2 cup milk
1 cup peanut butter
1 tablespoon vanilla
3 cups oatmeal
Waxed paper

In a heavy saucepan bring to a boil, the sugar,
cocoa, butter and milk. Stir while this is going
on. Once it comes to a boil let it boil for 1 minute
then add peanut butter, vanilla and oatmeal. Stir
together well. Then remove from stove. On a sheet
of waxed paper, drop mixture by the teaspoonfuls or
tablespoonfuls (as I do) and let cool until hardened.

I hope everyone enjoys these as much as I do!!

No comments: